Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Bread and Butter Pudding

Made this bread and butter pudding for my husband and a friend a few days ago. Just thought I would share it since it turned out quite nice. I had to divide the recipe into two portions because I couldn't fit it into my 8" baking tin. Used my oval serving bowl instead.

Best served hot with delicious cold custard.

Here's the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
6 slices day-old bread
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup raisins
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

METHOD:
Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
Cut bread into triangles and arrange in an 8 inch square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. Sprinkle with raisins, lifting the slices here and there to get some of it inside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.


Very easy and tastes good too. Try it!

4 comments:

The Hand That Holds The Quill... said...

that sure looks yummy. Sigh...tgh puasa dia tunjuk gambar buat terliur...

;)

jujuqtpie said...

Hi, have made your cinnamon rolls. Methinks i put too much flour but I've not given up. Am making it again when my hubby gets back coz it's his favorite. He will be sooooooo happy nanti bila jadi betol2. Anyway, was thinking of searching for Bread pudding recipe and when I opened your blog, there it was. Will try that too. If I gemuk, I blame you. Hahahaha cian you, tak pasal2 kena plak. Okee, will tell you if the second batch's much better.

Halwafy said...

It tastes good too, flowerinthedesert, so you may wanna try make some.

jujuqtpie, hey, weren't YOU the one who was looking for the recipe in the first place?? Sabar je lah..

Good luck with the rolls but where did you get the pudding mix..?

jujuqtpie said...

Hahaha ya laa sabar jelah...Oh before I say anything else, SELAMAT HARI RAYE!!!!!! Hope you had a wonderful raye. Friends say that spending raya away from home is more festive, is it true? Anyway, I have to tell you that your bread pudding recipe is oh so lovely. I did not use custard though but whipped cream with a pinch of cinnamon and a teaspoon of honey. Delicious! It's really the easiest to make bread pudding recipe.
I went to Bakewell in Kuantan town and bought the pudding mix there. and I did make the Cinnamon rolls again; this time my hubby got to eat them and jadik tu jadik, but they ain't no Cinnabon. Mine turned out soft the second time round but how is it that Cinnabon's cinnamon rolls are so moist? Especially at the bottom and on the inside. How are yours? Did I do it wrongly? What should i do to make them moist this time, soaking with butter and sugar?
Plaese advise, thank you.