Thursday, July 20, 2006

A Waste of Time

My blogger friend floweRinthedesert had this personality test thing in her blog. Had to try it too and put mine here...

Your Personality Profile

You are funky, outdoorsy, and down to earth.
While you may not be a total hippie...
You're definitely one of the most free spirited people around.

You are very impulsive - every day is a new adventure.
However, you do put some thought behind all your actions.
Still, you do tend to shock and offend people from time to time!



Pah! Only 50% of that is true - lines 1, 5 and 6 and even within those, not 100%.
Never did believe in these things...


If only I had done one of those 'accurate' personality tests earlier on in my life - at school, perhaps, and if only someone had the guts to inform me that I should follow my heart and encouraged me to dream - then I would never have taken my accounting degree and could have pursued something else that I would love and enjoy.

The only reason why I took my accounting degree was because I found it so bloody easy at school and thought, 'this would be a breeze!'. AND somebody's dad was an accoutant and wrote down in one of those prying good-for-nothing forms they handed out at school that his earning was circa Rm4000 and I thought; Wow! THAT'S a lot!

How naive and young I was...and so without direction.

But one cannot determine one's fate from a silly test.

If only someone had guided me, had dared me to dream... perhaps I would have become...

exactly what I am now but with a few of my own books on the shelves of Borders and MPH and without those six wasted years spent working for my sponsors. Plus some other stuffs I'm too embarrassed to include here and only rightly belong in the land of day dreams and what could have beens..

Now, perhaps, the only thing I can do is dream...

and perhaps make sure my children don't make the same mistakes I made.

What a stupid entry. Ignore this one, guys...just me wallowing in my own regrets and self pity..and as usual, trying to blame somebody/ something else for my discrepancies...

3 comments:

The Hand That Holds The Quill... said...

hey babes, we've got something in common! I regretted taking Accounting as a degree as well. It's dumb and boring. My parents made me do it because of my excellent results in Additional Math/Calculus. Acctg has nothing to do with Advance Math! Stupid common misunderstanding! :(

Halwafy said...

I wonder what you would have chosen for yourself...if you were given a free hand about the matter?

CheAyu said...

sigh... I could have been an accomplished professional sportswoman or an respected cartoonist (macam Lat) if I were to have it my way..... but then again.. i'm not complaining. i believe there's a reason why God put me where i am today. if not, i won't be the person i am today.