Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Yummy Banana Muffins

Today, a 'Fun Day' was organised at my son's school. The teachers asked for the parents' or specifically the mothers' help in donating home made food for them to sell at the event to make money for the school. I found this recipe at my favourite website and decided to try it. It turned out quite good and my sons loved it!

Here's the recipe for anyone who would like to make these. They are soft and taste nice and most importantly, very easy to make. I added the chocolate chips for an 'extra treat' for the children and used paper cups so that I didn't have to do any greasing. In my fan assisted oven, it took only 18 mins.


INGREDIENTS:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 cup mashed ripe banana (3 bananas)
1/2 cup margarine
2 eggs

6 tablespoons milk
2 1/2 teaspoons baking
powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:
In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and set aside. In a separate bowl cream margarine and sugar, add eggs and mix until smooth. Stir in milk and mashed banana and mix well. Fold in flour mixture into the liquid ingredients until combined.
Fill greased muffin
tins two-thirds of the way full. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes.

2 comments:

The Hand That Holds The Quill... said...

ooohhh..yummy banana muffins. I have one recipe that to me (and my family) is the best ever banana muffin recipe. Maybe I'll put it on my blog, and you can try it out and compare.

Halwafy said...

hey..would appreciate that, thanks! you can also just email it to me if you want....