Another tag forwarded to me - this one is quite a nice one and frankly, a very do-able one!!
The Tag Details:
Scroll down please!
Scroll down please!
The Tagged Ones so far;
- PROPOSITION : What is the meaning of your kid'(s) name(s)?
- REQUIREMENTS : Write about what or how or why you gave the name(s) to your kid(s).
- QUANTITY: 5 people
- TAG MODE: Firstly you leave their blog and post link and add to the list below and secondly you let the blogger you want to tag know that he/she has been tagged by commenting in his/her blog or etc
msau the meaning of SQ and Kiki
shopping mum the meaning of Justin and Isabelle
Judy Chow Terry
Samm Gordon and Malcolm
Sasha lil J
Mott 2 Monkeys
Fatty Poh's Fatty Boy
Kd NAMI & MIMI
D Abg Z Abg H Princess & Litle DDadofFour Siti Khadijah, Muhammad Yusof, Siti Kauthar, Muhammad Ibraheem, Muhammad Umar
Halwafy Big H & Little H
In deciding the names of our children, Mr S and I have always discussed the options together, and of course, this means that I come up with all the suggestions whereas Mr S vetoes them.
There are some 'rules' that we try to set for ourselves when we name our children - all to which errr..moi have insisted on, of course, as Mr S is not really fussed as long as the names have good associations and meanings.
The rules are;
1. Must start with the name of our prophet Muhammad SAW
2. The names must have some Islamic historical significance, not just a 'good meaning'.
1. The name chosen for my eldest was chosen very early in my pregnancy and we referred to him by his name even before he was born, as soon as we knew that he was going to be a 'he'. This name was suggested by myself and I was quite adamant because I have always liked this name because of the many nice and good people that I know with this name i.e. my grand uncle who loved me and my siblings to bits and was always kind to us, a kind and funny father of a good friend and also the religious advisor for the Istana Negara, brother of Datuk Harun Din. You can probably guess the name already, huh? Yes, it is H****.
So basically, I chose this name because of the people that we know or know of who has this name, not for its meaning.
But it has a good meaning too - it simply means 'good' although it also has another meaning, which is 'handsome'. In this regard, I prefer to also think that the name is a tribute to my mother in law, whose name is the female version (if you like) of this name, which is Hasnah, meaning good and beautiful - and indeed her name fits her perfectly! I hope and pray that my son's name will be considered 'perfect' for him as well in the future!
For the uninitiated, this name is also the name of the Prophet's grandson, from the union of the Prophet's daughter, Fatimah and Ali - the very same Ali who became the last of the four main caliphs after the Prophet's passing.
2. For our second son, the name was chosen because I greatly admire this person who lived in the times of the Prophet. He was the uncle of the prophet, although he was younger than Him and he was also a fierce warrior, so much so that the Prophet dubbed him 'Asadullah' or the 'Lion of God'. Yes, we named our second son Muhammad H*****, in honour of Saidina H***** Abdul Muthallib.
The word actually, does not have a proper meaning. It is really an old Arab name although many books associate this name with 'lion', no doubt due to the moniker bestowed to Saidina H***** by the Prophet. But again, I was determined to have this name for my son and so yet again, we named our son after a great person, not for the meaning of the name.
But it does not end here, I'm afraid!
There is a third name (LOL) for each of my sons! And that name is really how I came about my own blogger name. So you can easily guess the name, of course, just take away the 'H' from my blogger name...
Yes, it is A*****, with an 'i' not a 'y'. This third name basically means 'the trusted one' and this name was chosen by Mr S as he feels very strongly about this particular trait, and I guess, I agreed to it because I just fell in love with the sound of it!
Thank you DadofFour for forwarding this tag to me. For this tag, I would like to pass it on to only three other people, that is:
2. Nik Farizah
You can choose not to do the tag, of course. But I would loove to know about how and why people name their kids their chosen names so please do kindly satisfy my curiosity!