Monday, November 17, 2008

Sorry I've Not Been Updating But...

Trust me, I had my reasons...

But I'm touched that so many people were wondering where I went...it felt like I am (or at least my blog is) appreciated..he he he.


Anyway, here's some news..

Last Thursday 2 huge boxes arrived..


In them were items that were assembled by Mr S to make this...for me!
(A Yamaha Clavinova CLP 320)

Used the money saved from my little catering business to purchase my very own, brand new digital piano!

Yes, I play the piano...have always played but haven't played for a while - for 17 years, to be exact! But now I think it's time for this old love affair of mine to resume again.

Am a bit rusty, to be sure, but am loving every minute of polishing up again!



It really feels good to run my fingers across a piano once again...love it!



And Little H also enjoyed himself with the new arrival - by playing 'homeless boy' on the flattened boxes...he he.

The kids will now be taught by their mum to play the piano.



They've already had their first few introductory lessons using the same book I used when I first started playing when I was 8 years old. They seem to be enjoying it...


Just for pic's sake : the boys in their identical winter jackets sitting in a tube station...;)


Thank you Mr S for helping me to get the piano and in helping me to choose the best one for the money I had...love you!

12 comments:

Nur H said...

bestnya, teringat masa u main kat uk dulu...kat dalmhor ada kan?

The Hand That Holds The Quill... said...

aaaahhhhh...the much awaited parcel. kusangkakan ... rupanya piano! he he he

D said...

oh wow!! and double wow too - that's exactly the SAME book I had too!!! waa... sampai grade berapa you belajar? hehe, play me a song please..

Unknown said...

my gawd, i so remember that book! i still remember you playing the piano at Block E.

Hazyr said...

I turned around and looked at my dusty keyboard nearby after reading this post..emmm, time to restart my piano lessons!

have fun with your new toy!

M-O-M said...

and where are the mencaruts???? i am so frustrated here.

Anonymous said...

Good for you-Ashraf is also in the piano class and Imran will follow soon-wish I could play!

Rv Husin said...

OMG! i have that first piano book too!! I think that was around 1985-86. Still keep it ;)

Anonymous said...

wah kak ibah, u play the piano too...what can't you do?...heheh...

HH said...

Me too... I used that book too. My goodness - those elves trigger plenty of memories la...

I bet you finished till 8th grade.

A Mum Of Three Mohd said...

What lovely boys you have. Mungkin kita boleh tubuh club. Auntie pun ade three boys but no girls. Bila tengok budak2 tu teringat masa anak auntie kecik2 dulu. Pening giler layan kerenah mereka but as a mother itulah saat paling bahagia. Sekarang ni nostalgia... datang kembali. Well, selamat ber'piano'!

me said...

He he .. good to see (or rather read) your new posts :)

Cool, u play the piano. I am horrible in singing or playing any musical instrument .... but i love to hear/watch ppl play .. truly in awe :)

The music I heard when I opened your blog, is that you playing a piece?