- 55g butter
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 400g cherry pie filling (or any other pie filling)
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Melt butter or margarine in a large saucepan. Remove pan from heat; stir in oats, flour, brown sugar, and salt until a dry, crumbly dough forms. Press about 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of 8 inch pan, making a firm even layer.
- Spread cherry pie filling in the crust, and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until top is lightly browned. Serve warm or at room temperature with cool custard.